??

Ford River Rouge Glass Plant

Completed in 1925, the Glass Plant, which was designed by Albert Kahn and featured butterfly roofs and clerestory monitors, was considered a landmark in industrial architecture. The 240-by-760-foot structure was planned, however, so that it could be easily expanded and altered to meet the demands of constantly changing technology. As a result, the present 320-by-2,600-foot edifice bears little resemblance to Kahn's original design. Situated west of the Dearborn Assembly Plant, the Glass Plant is the scene of an almost completely automatic glass-making operation. Using the float process, the plant produces 13.41 miles or 500 tons of glass each working day.

5分彩官网Ford River Rouge Plant View from west, showing west facade of Glass Plant
View from west, showing west facade of Glass Plant