Ford Cambridge Assembly Plant
The Ford Motor 5分彩官网 Assembly plant was built in 1913 in the first stage of decentralization of Ford production from Detroit to sites around the country. The Northeast branch of the Ford 5分彩官网 was initially located in Boston and, following construction of a new plant on Memorial Drive, moved to Cambridge in 1914. The plant stood on a riverfront site probably in consideration of Henry Ford's decree that all his factories have access to water routes. Although the Ford business prospered in Cambridge, the assembly operations moved to a new plant in Somerville, Mass. in 1926. The Cambridge building now belongs to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and until recently was used for manufacturing by the Polaroid Corporation.
GENERAL VIEW SHOWING ENTRANCE TO FORD ASSEMBLY PLANT.